Second dyeing experiment

So, after the fun of the first dyeing project, I had to do it again! And I couldn’t wait until grown-up supplies arrived from Dharma…oh no — I needed to dye now! Unfortunately, it turns out that all Michaels has is tie dye kits, so I got one from Jacquard (figuring they probably put pretty good dye in even a tie tye kit). First, I dyed white cotton interlock knit white:

Then, I hand sewed tucks into diamonds:

When the threads were all pulled up, the fabric pulled into a tiny little bundle of bubbles:

Finally, I dyed the fabric turquoise. Since the weather was pretty cool and I didn’t know that turquoise wants heat, I don’t think it dyed as well as it could have, but I like the result:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: